Due to expansion, we are now looking to recruit a Bench Joiner to join the Period Mouldings team in Melmerby, North Yorkshire.
Interested? Read the job description below and then send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications: 25th September 2022.
Bench Joiner Job Description
A predominantly workshop-based position, the Bench Joiner is an integral part of the production team responsible for the manufacture of the company’s products. Their main responsibility will be the manufacture of the components and finished products, which requires having the ability to read architectural plans, setting up and de-tooling different woodworking machines and delivering to pre-set manufacturing timescales.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently, whilst also being part of a strong team, have a structured and organised approach to their work and possess a strong work ethic, take pride in what they produce and have a personable character.
The Bench Joiner will report to the Production Director.
The primary objective of the Production Department is to deliver quality products first time, on time, and reduce unnecessary wastage.
The Bench Joiner is responsible for:
- Following and interpreting architectural plans and job work records
- Setting up and de-tooling of various woodworking machines
- Planning, marking and setting out of woodworking projects
- Manufacture of components as part of large and small scale architectural wooden structures
- Internal quality control
- Waste management and asset utilisation
- Implementation at customer sites, when required
- Formally trained in traditional woodworking skills
- Knowledge of bespoke manufacturing
- Previous experience of ensuring that production throughout is completed in line with customer expectations and deadlines
- Intimate knowledge of traditional period windows, doors, skirtings and architraves
- Able to utilise more traditional tools that are not machine-based
- Proven experience of solving complex woodwork structures
- Full apprenticeship trained CITB and City and Guilds standard
- At least 5 years experience
- Trained to a high standard on all forms of bespoke manufacturing woodworking machinery.
- Specific Knowledge and experience of moulders
- Self-starter able to make progress with minimal supervision
- Ability to work within a team environment with good communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Able to prioritise and work within tight timescales in order to meet deadlines
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible approach to work
Dependent on experience and knowledge
The Bench Joiner will prepare a plan designed to meet both the general and specific objectives, broken down into tasks and timescales. There will be continual informal reviews and bi-annual formal reviews to assess progress with the Production Director.
This job description is a guide and is not intended to restrict activities. If it can be identified that a need for action or an opportunity exists, then this must be brought to the attention of all concerned and/or acted upon.